Monday, 27 March 2017

AIP Friendly Mango Salsa

 
Living without salsa is like living without a soul (maybe a little dramatic). But when I found out that I had an autoimmune issue that was making me infertile, I was excited that we finally found our answer, but devastated that all night shades were literally off the table. A few months ago I was visiting my family back in California and my dad made a crazy good persimmon salsa - persimmons are hard to get a hold of over here in the UK, so I substituted with a mango!
I went a solid year without googling or experimenting in the kitchen (I’m not sure why), so when I found suitable AIP replacements like Nomato & Mango Salsa, I felt like I got a little part of me back!




This recipe makes enough salsa for 4:
1 Mango (make sure it's not too ripe - you don't want mushy salsa)
1 Red Onion
2 Garlic Clovers
Coriander (Cilantro)
Fresh Lemon (1/3) or Lime (1/2) Juice


 Salsa is so easy to make - you can just use a knife for a chunky salsa or if you want a finer salsa use either a hand or electric chopper. Chop all ingredients to desired chunkiness, add fresh lemon or lime juice & mix it all together!


This mango salsa is fantastic with fish tacos (gluten free of course), AIP friendly fajita salad (recipe coming soon) or just about any fresh Mexican-themed dish. If you have your favourite "chip" substitute, this salsa is amazing straight out of the bowl!! 
Enjoy-


If you'd like any support in your own journey or have any questions Let's Talk
Please remember that this is simply my story and what I have gone through. These are my opinions, that I have formed over the years, through trial and error, study, reading, listening and observing. I am open to change, challenges and new scientific developments. What works for me, may not work for you. I am not a doctor and all medical advice, should be gotten from a qualified professional. If you feel like your doctor isn't reading from the same nutrition and lifestyle book as you are (or want to be), go find one that is!

Sugar Warning: If you’re following a low-carb diet or watching your sugar intake, you’ll need to know Mango is high in sugar. 3 ounces of Mango has roughly 12.3 grams of total carbohydrates - Sugar, a type of short-chain simple carbohydrate, accounts for more than 90 percent of the total carb count, totaling 11.3 grams.



No comments:

Post a Comment